Thursday 9 April 2009

My First Blog - Part 2

I just read through my previous blog post and comments I received and noted the potentially confusing statement at the end as pointed out by my beloved baby brother (Gotcha!) @SteffC.

It is in fact smoking that apparently causes wrinkles and not the stopping of said bad habit. I know that smoking causes all sorts of other terrible problems, but as I am still in denial, I've only got as far as acknowledging that wrinkles might be quite unpleasant. So far I've escaped the ravages of the over 40s. I've got a few 'laughter lines' round my eyes and if I'm brutally honest, a couple of 'worry' lines on my forehead. I'm still a size 8-10 and haven't begun to sag that badly yet. Then again I've never had kids, if I had I'd probably look like Colleen Nolan by now (My God! Is she really only 4 or 5 years older than me?) Ok, that's the bitchy comment out of the way.

Luckily I look far better than I feel. I have health problems that I just won't bore you with, not yet anyway. I'll save that for a day when I'm really pissed off, but have decided, after much deliberation that being 40 isn't really so bad. I don't mind aging gracefully, or even disgracefully (much more fun) and can't understand this fascination with wanting to look nineteen forever with boobs like watermelons (see Jordan). I just don't think it's a good look. I like the fact that my forehead still moves, wrinkles or not and that I can smile without it looking like a death rictus. I don't even mind the fact that my body is starting to look decidedly 'lived in'. At least when I do finally get fit, I'll see the difference.

To that end I'll be starting swimming soon after much prodding from a friend. I've been fobbing her off for months now due to my early-morningitis but will be going swimming at least a couple of mornings a week as soon as the schools are back in. I don't want anybody under the age of 50 seeing me in a swimsuit/tankini at the moment. I'm a good, strong swimmer just out of practice for more years than I care to confess. So, stay tuned and I'll let you all know how it goes. Well, once I've got my breath back. I predict that this will be a massive shock to my system, not to mention my body-clock.

Ha, and what started out as a simple correction has turned ito a total ramble through what I like to call my brain. I can see how this blogging thing could easily get out of hand. You have been warned.

8 comments:

Cptpoland said...

Always nice to read. I think you have a good knack for writing.

Steff said...

I like the new colour scheme. Don't worry mags will be under orders to provide a photo of you on your first early rise as you leave your house, said photo will promptly be sent out to cyberspace for all to see/cower from ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, well done! You sorted your comments so that us crappy bloggers can also use it. :-)

Well, welcome to the set and keep it up.

Mr Farty said...

Don't worry that it feels like you're rambling like a lunatic, just take a look at the rest of the blogosphere. Yeah. Welcome to our world.

Unknown said...

Nice to know I'm not alone in my inane ramblings. Even nicer to know someone actually wants to read them. Thanks guys.

Zed said...

How do you make the font larger on your own monitor again? Something plus the wheel on your mouse - I'm squinting ;)

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'll type the next one a bit bigger for you. Still getting used to all this technical stuff myself.

Anonymous said...

Loved this!
You had me laughing out loud at the comments about being able to move the forehead and the "lived in look". I so whole heartedly agree too. I am just starting to feel at home in my body! :)